Buy this contractor agreement template
Are you looking for a simple, easy-to-use Contractor Agreement template for engaging independent contractors? Buy this legal template
This template Contractor Agreement is suitable for Australian businesses that will be engaging an independent contractor for a set task or period of time. This Contractor Agreement is not intended as an employment agreement, but for independent contractors who operate as a sole trader or through some other kind of business structure.
A well-written contractor agreement is essential to ensure that workers are not wrongly classified as employees. This is because if your worker is found to be an employee, your business will have to pay leave entitlements and superannuation. And, your business may also be subject to fines from Fair Work.
This contractor agreement template has been written to help you to avoid this risk.
Get a free legal review of your contractor agreement
The price of this contractor agreement template includes a free legal review by a commercial contracts lawyer. Simply purchase the template and get in contact with our friendly team.
Key features of this legal template
Key features include:
- fully editable, so you can edit and change the contractor agreement as required;
- six pages of simple, easy-to-read contractor terms;
- the contractor agreement ensures that the client owns intellectual property
- the contractor agreement clarifies that the arrangement is not one of employment
- the contractor agreement contains a confidentiality clause
- the contractor agreement contains reasonable clauses and balances risk
It’s really important to make sure that you have your legal document reviewed by a qualified commercial contract lawyer. A lawyer can identify and address risks that apply to your particular legal matter. If you do not have your document reviewed (at no cost to you) by Prosper Law, you acknowledge that we do not act for you. Further, your document may not appropriately address your business’s specific requirements.